1. Health

Gallbladder Removal Affecting Periods

By August 4, 2003

Women's Health Forum:I just recently (about three weeks ago) had my gall bladder removed after four years of periodic, sometimes severe attacks. I'm 26 and have had a normal menstrual cycle in the past. About two days after the surgery I noticed bleeding, which didn't alarm me since the surgery almost coincided with the normal start of my period, however, it was a relatively light period, which has gone on since. So nearly three weeks later I'm still experiencing spotting, which obviously is beginning to concern me. I did some research on the internet and found a website where a woman had posted that once she had her gall bladder removed her menstrual cycle went out of whack as well, but that her doctors did not think there was a relationship between the two. I was wondering if there were any other women in this forum who have had similar problems after laparascopic surgery. What do you think?
Comments
October 22, 2006 at 5:04 pm
(1) Jessika says:

hello. i am 18 years old, and on October 2nd i have my gall bladder removed because it wasn’t working.
my period is ALWAYS regular, well, here i am…waiting.. i would like to know too if it effects it, or there is a possibility i am pregnant.

January 3, 2007 at 10:22 am
(2) Hillary says:

I just turned 20 in Oct. and had my gallbladder removed Nov. 17. I was expecting my period on Dec. 10 but I’m still waiting almost 2 months later. Please someone tell us what the hell is going on!!

April 23, 2007 at 7:12 pm
(3) angela says:

I know that when I had my gall bladder removed, I had a heck of a time regulating my peroids. I went onto the pill and eventually, like three or four months later, I was back on track.
I had to have it removed eight weeks after having a c-section with my son. Now, four years after the surgeries, I experience “dumping” during my period. I mean, COME ON!!!!! It’s bad enough that I have to be on my period, but now I can’t leave the house for fear of not being able to find a restroom in time…. What’s the deal, and is my only hope to carry a bottle of Pept-o with me for a week out of the month?

May 28, 2007 at 4:19 pm
(4) Terri says:

I am 28 years old and am having the same problem. I just had my gall bladder removed May 4th and my last period was on April 27th and I know it’s only been a couple of days over, but it usually starts like clockwork. I’m wondering if there is something to gall bladder removal and irregular periods? Please respond if there has been anything heard about the relation of the two.

June 1, 2007 at 9:07 pm
(5) Star says:

I was 25 when I had my gallbladder removed, only 28 days after having a c-section. I have not had regular periods since. I will go 5 months with nothing, then have an extremely heavy period, then six months and nothing, then heavy… This has been 18 months now.

June 16, 2007 at 2:01 am
(6) Melissa says:

I had my gall bladder removed two days ago. I have been bleeding heavily vaginally ever since.. I’m ready to call ER to see what the deal is. I’m getting a little worried!

July 28, 2007 at 10:33 pm
(7) tiffany says:

I just had laparascopy to diagnose why I have been having very painful periods. My Doctor said that all of my reproductive organs look normal. I have from time to time had muscle spasm underneath my right sie of my rib cage and have had them very bad since my surgery 4 days ago. I have also been nauseated. Gallbladder disease runs in my family could this be my gallbladder?

December 11, 2007 at 10:14 pm
(8) Krystyna says:

I am 53 and was well on my way to menopause till I had my gall bladder removed 12/1/2007. I have had a spotty period since a couple of days after my surgery, sometimes with clots. What’s the deal here?

February 29, 2008 at 4:31 pm
(9) Jen says:

I had my surgery and am latee. So I think something HAS to do something to your hormones …. Argh. So annoying. I am going to the gyn in April to see if everything is okay.

March 14, 2008 at 2:29 pm
(10) Kim Brushaber says:

I just had my gallbladder out a week and a half ago (Tuesday) as soon as I came off the Vicodin (Saturday Morning) I started bleeding. At first I just thought it was because I had skipped a few pills while I was in the hospital. However, it continued and it got A LOT heavier and I had clotting as other women have mentioned. I asked my surgeon about it when I went for my check up on Wednesday. He said that it completely normal because of all the stress that your body goes through with surgery and it sends your hormones out of whack. However, he did notice that I might have some benign uterine fibroids that might be causing the issue. He said to contact my OB/GYN sooner rather than later to check everything out. At first the Ob/GYN sounded concerned but then they decided that since the surgery was so recent they would set me up with an appt in a week and a half (Monday the 24th). However, they said if I was still bleeding Monday (the 17th) to bump it up….

That being said… They believe it to be normal to have some menstrual bleeding after surgery. However, if it is heavy for a long period of time (or if it continues for an even longer period of time), you should definitely go and get checked out.

March 21, 2008 at 9:41 am
(11) Amanda says:

Interesting to read that someone is in the same boat. I had my gallbladder removed in a very long and complicated surgery on March 14 and have had the heaviest period since about two days after it. I figured my body was just responding to the stress of the gall bladder surgery and the ERCP (the day before), but maybe I will ask my gyno about fibroids as well

March 27, 2008 at 7:37 pm
(12) Jo-Anne says:

I’m so rellieved to read that I’m not alone! I had laproscopic gallbladder removal on March 10 and 6 days later I began what I thought was my period. Although it wasn’t as heavy, I continued to spot until a couple of days ago. I am experiencing menstrual symptoms (sore breasts) as if I’m gonna have a normal period, but I keep thinking “am i pregnant”? The surgery takes a big toll on your body! My surgeon told me the same thing yesterday about how it’s common for your body to act in a strange way due to the stress it went through with surgery and the enormous amount of healing your body is doing. I’ve lost a lot of weight as well as a result. I guess I should just be happy that I’ll never have a painful gallbladder attack ever again!

March 29, 2008 at 8:35 am
(13) Krissey says:

Phew..i thought i was the only one with a missed period. the day of my surgery was the last day of my regular period. my surgery was on feb 25th and its now march 29th..im just relieved that im not pregnant, my daughter just turned 8 months old…has anyone spoke to a doc to see if there is a reason for all this??

April 2, 2008 at 11:21 pm
(14) Sam says:

Im 19 yrs old and in Feb I had my gallbladder removed laparoscopically and I got a mini period like a week later from missing my birth control, but a week or 2 later I got my actual period and it was normal and then the last 2 days of March I got another period and it has been the worst period pain I’ve had. Has anyone ever really asked a dr to see what is going on?

April 10, 2008 at 5:38 pm
(15) Jen Again says:

I had the same issues. I had my surgery on Feb. 13th and had a heavy period (late) in March. I am late/missed my period for April. I know they say surgery throws off your body, but when does it go back to normal? I wish they told me this would happen – as I am trying to have a child and his certain puts a damper on things ….
Email me if you have answers please!

May 7, 2008 at 2:09 pm
(16) Cyndi says:

I had my gallbladder removed January 24th, 2008 and i have had 3 periods, but they have been absolutely horrible. I cannot hold any food down; anything I eat goes right through me almost instantly. I have awful cramps, and they are terribly heavy. I’m going to make a call to my doctor but wanted to come online and see if I could find anything online first :) . If anyone has any tips please let me know, thanks so much!!!

June 12, 2008 at 7:52 pm
(17) Rach says:

Hi I had my gallbladder removed jan 8th 2007 since then my periods have been all out of whack my periods have either been no show or old blood coloured, plus I’ve been having really upset tummys having to run to the rest room at the drop of a hat I’m having to make an appointment to see a member of the colorectal surgical team because of this my gp suspects ibs now no one said anything about having any of this after the surgery will i ever get back to normal?

June 12, 2008 at 10:36 pm
(18) Anglface2000 says:

Hi I’m 27 and i had my gallbladder removed on May 9th. I still haven’t had a period. This is the first time that my period has ever been late.I’m going to my doctor tommrow.

June 14, 2008 at 5:55 pm
(19) maria says:

Had the surgery on Friday (the 13th) and was very surprised by the menstral bleeding. I wasn’t expecting it for another 2 weeks.
glad to hear that I am not alone!! Was starting to go into panic mode.

June 29, 2008 at 11:13 am
(20) krista says:

hi, i had my gall bladder removed in march. since then, i’ve had very light periods, but the pms before them is terrible. i am tired, crampy and emotional for nearly two weeks before. i never had pms like this before. it feels like my body is not getting the nutrients it needs to do its job. i am finding this very distressing. i am hoping this is just my body adjusting to the surgery.

July 28, 2008 at 10:25 pm
(21) aab says:

Wow, I can’t believe that so many of you have had the same problem as me. I am 52 and had my gall bladder removed on March 15, 2008. I had a regular period about a week after that. I didn’t have a period for two months, and I never really was experiencing menopause before that, although you’d think I should be. Then, I had a period that went on for 12 days. The next month the period was extremely heavy, and this month again it is heavy. My OB/GYN never connected the surgery to it–just said that it was abnormal and wanted me to have a D and C. I do have fibroids, however. After reading all of your comments, I’m going to wait a few more months before I even consider it.

August 3, 2008 at 10:29 pm
(22) TracyZ L.Ac. says:

I really empathize with everyone in this forum and felt compelled to post a reply. Although Western medicine doesn’t recognize a connection between the Gallbladder and women’s health/fertility, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM is best known for acupuncture) does. TCM sees the body holistically and there is a huge connection between the GB and a woman’s cycle. Not to mention the effect that the surgery itself has. I would suggest that you find a holistic practitioner in your area to link the connection and get proper treatment. You can try your local acupuncturist (go to http://www.acufinder.com to find one) or osteopath. Best of luck!

August 7, 2008 at 1:53 pm
(23) JJ says:

I had my gallbladder removed 3 months ago and have been spotting ever since. My doc ran hormonal tests and everything came back normal. No one has any idea why this is happening.

October 6, 2008 at 5:54 pm
(24) Jennifer says:

I’m 35 and had my gallbladder removed July 8, had some spotting and had an abnormal period July 27. I found out 2 weeks later I was pregnant…my hormones were definitely out of whack as my husband and I completely were suprised but over-joyed by the news. Sadly, I miscarried last week; so I know I am a mess…

October 20, 2008 at 6:32 am
(25) aaaaa says:

I underwent gall bladder surgery. The foods which i intake seems to be very heavy i dont have a proper digestion.Before surgery my symptom was i used to pass stools often . but even after surgery i ahve the same problem.Please advise on this

November 19, 2008 at 3:50 am
(26) Courtney says:

I am 19 and on September 16th I had my gall bladder removed due to multiple gallstones. I actually had my period at the time of surgery. I did not experience any spotting, but my period did come at odd times after my surgery, and it had always been regular. But, now it seems to have evened out.The only real problems i’ve had since having my gallbladder removed are digestive problems.

It’s rather embarrassing, but before my surgery I had no digestive problems, but ever since almost everything I eat goes straight through me, and the abdominal cramps are painful >_

December 14, 2008 at 11:16 pm
(27) Laura says:

Glad I found this site. I have not had my gallbladder removed yet as I have been putting it off for a few years, but now, my “period” is so crazy and heavy, been bleeding over 60 days and they really do not pinpoint it on anything specific to GYN issues so far. I know in my gut that it is my GI problems affecting my GYN symptoms and also, just want to throw out there Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and estrogen dominance to anyone who may be overweight/obese as a good deal of us GB-losers tend to be. I have been using progesterone pills and cream to no avail to stop the bleeding though it does slow down sometimes, but I hope that removing the GB will be the real solution within 6 months when everything normalizes once again.

December 27, 2008 at 3:19 am
(28) lorena says:

OMG yei! I’m not alone and I’m normal. I had my gallbladder removed on November 23, 2008 a couple of days later i noticed spotting and freaked out. I think i was spotting for about a week. And I finished my BC 3 days a go and started a new pack, but no period yet! hmmmm kid of odd!

December 29, 2008 at 3:38 am
(29) CC says:

Oh, I’m relieved, though I will be calling my physician tomorrow to ask anyway.

I’m 30, overweight but otherwise very healthy, and apparently had been having attacks since childhood. I had my infected gallbladder removed laparoscopically 11/15/08, and started my cycle the following day. It lasted my standard 4 to 5 days, right on schedule, though it was on the light side.

I am now two weeks late and have not been intimate in any way with anyone, so cannot be pregnant.

I read all the posts, and few posted to have say that their cycles returned to normal, nor how long it took to fully recover from what is a common but major disruption of normal body function.

Please post some responses ladies! I have a sinking feeling that my physician, though meaning well, will just say ‘wait and see’.

January 3, 2009 at 4:53 pm
(30) Salina says:

I am 27 and had my surgery just four days ago. I started bleeding real heavy today and I know that surgeries can throw your body off and it can be like that until your body gets into the swing of things. I guess I will give it some time then call the doctor If iit don’t get better.

January 7, 2009 at 2:28 pm
(31) xyz says:

Hi,I have GB removal(laproscopic) on 8th dec and my period comes on 18 every month but now I m waiting.its almost 3 weeks late.Any help is really appreciated.

January 11, 2009 at 7:45 pm
(32) cindy says:

I was told that I have a sluggish gall bladder, and should have it removed. The funny thing is that my period has been irregular since my first attack 1 1/2 yrs ago. All my doctors think that I am crazy to put the two together, but it seems like I am not the only one. I was going to have it removed in hopes of regulating my cycle, but the way it sounds is that wont work either. If anyone can give me an answer to their problem that might help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. Cindy

January 27, 2009 at 1:46 pm
(33) Ashley says:

I recently had my gallbladder taken out on Jan 20th 2009 and my period always comes around the 25-27 and here it is Jan 27th and still no cramping or bloating. I know it’s just now the 27th but I usally have the cramping feeling when it’s almost time. I’m starting to wonder if the surgery had something to do with it.

February 10, 2009 at 3:36 pm
(34) Chardae says:

Hi, I’m 24 years old and I had my gall bladder removed on January 22 2009 by Laparoscopic surgery.

I’ve always had regular periods since I’ve been on birth control but now after the surgery I’ve noticed a lot of changes. I finished my Birth control pills last Wednesday. I started to feel cramps on Sunday and even worst cramps on Monday so I used a tampon to be prepare, I’m thinking wow all this pain must mean a heavy period but when i went to change my tampon only the old blood color like when you period is about to finish. Tuesday is now here and the same thing with cramps. My seven free days is almost up and I’m almost ready to start a new pack and I’m going out my mind. I know i’m not pregnant.

I’m so glad I found this site because I thought something must be wrong

March 17, 2009 at 1:56 pm
(35) Angela says:

Hi, I’m 28 and had my gallbladder removed Jan. 19, 2009. I had extreme pain after the surgery especially in my lower stomache. I was told everything was moving around and that was why. Shortly after my follow up I started my period. (This was amazing to me b/c I haven’t started with out meds for years!) I had my period for 6 weeks!! It would cycle heavy with clots to spotting then almost seem to start over again immediately. I had to cancel a LEAP bc of it. The day after I canceled the procedure it finally stopped. There has to be a connection! It’s the craziest thing I’ve ever been through! My GYN acted like I was crazy when I told her. Anyone have any ideas?

March 19, 2009 at 2:38 pm
(36) Jane says:

Well, here’s a good one..I had a surgical removal of it all, uterus, ovaries over 12 years ago so no bleeding and had the gallbladder out a week ago. But I am not sleeping regularly and last night had an almost panic attack like feeling during the night I had to talk myself out of. I was telling my husband this morning that I wondered if it affected my hormones somehow Apparently it is doing something to my emotions and sleep patterns.!

March 22, 2009 at 5:11 pm
(37) LC says:

Sounds like everyone is experiencing similar symptoms. I had the laproscopic proceedure 2 days ago. I am 47 and have had perimenopausal symptoms for a about a year and a half now with some irregular cycles. I had just finished my period 2 days before the surgery and now I am starting again. I don’t have a follow up with the surgeon for a week yet. I will definitely mention it to her, but I’m glad to know this is a common problem.

April 11, 2009 at 10:20 pm
(38) Nici says:

Wow…I thought I was going crazy here. I had my GB out 03/10/09 and I am now 2 wks late. I listened to all of the horror stories about the after effects of this surgery and was terrified. I have never felt better in my life……until now. I am late, and cranky, and weird things are making me nauseous. I have been trying to get pregnant for years, but after reading this I think it is probably just some weird GB thing. Hmmmm Maybe Dr’s should really explore this connection.

April 13, 2009 at 5:34 pm
(39) carolyn says:

hi i just had my surgery april 6th and i was supposed to start yesterday yes what an easter present well my easter present hasnt come yet i know i’m not pregnant i had 2 test before i had the surgery to say i wasnt pregnant i was going nuts til i saw this site after reading some i’m worried also cause i’m so use to only going 2 to 3 days and not heavy at all i love my cycles and i dont get all that cramping and maybe little bloating if that. so i’m still waiting for my cycle to come

May 1, 2009 at 11:22 pm
(40) Anna says:

Fall of 2008, I started having issues with my period. Things like falling asleep-during the day-no matter where I was or what I was doing, cramping, and feeling just so run down. Then I went 42 days between cycles…I went to my OB/GYN and had pregnacy tests done-negative, vaginal/pelvic ultrasound-unremarkable (all good). He gave me estrogen pills and I started the next day. So he referred me back to my regular MD for the abdomen pains and falling asleep issues. She did brain scan, abdomenal scan then a Hida Scan for gall bladder function. This came back showing my gallbladder was not emptying. So, I was sent to a surgeon..surgery is set for early June 09. I have now gone another 35 days between periods and this time it is horrible again! Today when I started I got nauseaed and horrible gallbladder pains and indigestion. I totally think the two things are related!! I typed in “gallbladder and menstrual period” in google and had alot of items come up. I am calling my MD back on Monday and we are totally going to rethink the surgery. I have never had issues with my period before having gallbladder issues.

If you have anything to share, please do!! I still have time to change the surgery!

May 19, 2009 at 3:58 am
(41) Lainee says:

Wow!! Ladies this is crazy!!! I just had my gall bladder removed on May 13th. I started my period the next day though it wasn’t due until the 19th. It was super heavy for 2 days and then Gone. How wierd. I hope this doesn’t effect us trying to get pregnant!! Starting to wonder if I made the right choice getting it removed…

June 8, 2009 at 2:59 pm
(42) maggie says:

Glad i found this site! i have not had a period in two years,just had gullblader removed 3 days ago and all of a sudden i am spotting like a lite period. i am 47 and am in menopause, so i am worried and feeling miserable with so much diareaha.after reading everyones comments i feel better cause i am not alone. going to the doctor today.

June 8, 2009 at 11:03 pm
(43) TB says:

I am 60 y.o. and had gall bladder surgery on 6/3/09. Have not had a period in two years, but it appears it is back 4 days post-op. My surgeon’s nurse said it is possible due to the trauma. The Gyn thinks it is coming from the catheter during surgery. Glad everyone has shared, I will call my Gyn back. Thanks

June 27, 2009 at 5:18 am
(44) Nancy says:

Im 26 years old i had my gallbladder taken out Sept 2007 since then my periods have been comming exactly 28 days never late or early i have had a baby in dec o8 and i am still regular but get crapms a week befor my period is due, befor my opp i used to get them monthly but either late or early never on time…so i strongly believe it has something to do with the period…

June 30, 2009 at 10:43 pm
(45) Bethany says:

I had my gall bladder removed may 28th 09 and was expecting my perion to come on the 21st of june. The end of the month is here and still no period. Could anyone please tell me if this is normal? I have taken preg tests but they are all neg. My husband and I are actually trying to have a child right now too… So is 40 days in between normal?

July 3, 2009 at 10:42 pm
(46) Angela says:

I had my gall bladder removed June 6th an emergency surgery. It was lapriscopic and I had started my period on the second. I never had the problem of getting my period after the surgery, did get the digestive issues though and still have them but I just found out that I am pregnant and don’t know if being pregnant will affect the healing from the surgery. Anyone know??

July 7, 2009 at 12:25 pm
(47) Brigitte says:

I am 29 years old. I had my gallbladder removed on 6/23/09. Since then I have been tired, sick to my stomach, and very emotional. I am wondering if I am pregnant. Everything I eat goes right through me. I have been trying to get pregnant for several months now. Can getting pregnant after surgery hurt you or the pregnancy? Does anyone know?

July 27, 2009 at 5:27 pm
(48) Lisa says:

I am 36 and had my gallbladder out June 24, 2009. It was the last day of my period. I have always had my period every 26-28 days like clockwork. Now here it is July 27, 2009 and still no period.
Strange thing though, Ive had PMS symptoms, cramps but no bleeding. I have been freaking out but reading that it happens to so many women does reassure me that it must be natural.

As for the gallbladder stuff, sometimes I eat and am fine. other times I have to run straight to the bathroom. I suppose that’s better than a gallbladder attack. Kind of annoying though.

I hope everyone who reads this is feeling better. BE WELL!

August 5, 2009 at 11:05 pm
(49) Roe says:

Hi, I’m 39 yo and had my gall bladder removed on FRI, July 31. I had laparoscopic surgery and I am slowly recovering. After reading these comments, I feel somewhat relieved about my period. I sould’ve have gotten it on Aug.8, but I got it early on Aug.2, two days after my surgery.

This has got to be the heaviest and long lasting period I have had in about 4 years. I’m concerned that the heavy bleeding may be related to my surgery. Does anyone have any answers? Calling my surgeon tomorrow.

August 6, 2009 at 11:11 pm
(50) brandi says:

I have the exact thing happening to me right now. I am 24 and had my gallbladder taken out 3 weeks ago and started bleeding 2 days later and it is still continuing I am on birthcontrol and have been for over 6 months now so i know i am not pregnant. My doctor told me it could be normal due to my body just went through a major change. I hope this stops soon and wish all of you the best of luck!

August 14, 2009 at 11:16 pm
(51) Andrea says:

Had my GB removed two days ago..for the last year I have had missed periods and am only 44 (too early for menopause I think but maybe not) anyways I got spotting two days after the attack (not as heavy as a period) and day before surgery. Its gone now but I am wondering if this is all related to the gall bladder!!!!

September 17, 2009 at 3:00 pm
(52) Marcelle says:

I feel like I’m just joining the chorus here … but I’m in the same boat. I had my gallbladder removed 08/15/09, my period started on the 17th (which was when it was due), and now I’m late. I’m 28, very regular, I always get it 2 days before the new moon.

Obviously, the stress of surgery is hard on the body. I think the natural reaction is to flush everything out, including a possible fetus in order to heal properly which is why so many start their cycles right after surgery (basically, a fetus is like a parasite your body can’t afford to support when it needs to heal itself). Stress (emotional or physical) can also delay ovulation, so it makes sense that it might take a cycle or two to get regular again. I’d suggest talking to your doc though if it is longer than that.

I’m in school studying Chinese medicine and acupuncture right now too … in our system the Gallbladder Qi (or energy) is in charge of making decisions. It’s also linked to the Liver (we’re talking qi here, not the physical liver), which is responsible for keeping everything smoothly cycling in the body, like the menstrual cycle for instance. Just an interesting note. If you have gallstones or just inflammation and you’re not too keen on the surgery, you may want to consider TCM … there are herbs that can help. That’s actually what I was doing, but in my case I got a stone stuck in my bile duct and then the gallbladder twisted up on itself, so I really had no other option than surgery. But if it’s just stones and you’re not really in dire need of surgery, this may be an option.

Please though, don’t resist surgery if you really need it, or out of fear; a burst gallbladder can be just as bad as a burst appendix!!

October 2, 2009 at 12:31 am
(53) jessica says:

ok so i’m 16 and i had my gallbladder out on the 11th of september. i have always been regular and i have never had the problem of not being i can tell excactly when to plan for my period but sence my surgery i haven’t had any spots of blood at all. and i’m really start to freak out because i’m about a week late. i no i normally start around the 25th and here it is the 2nd of october and still no bleeding. and yes i’m sexualy active so now i’m scaried that i might be pregant but they gave me a prego test at the hospital on the 11th and i have only this past week and a half. . . i’m scaried to talk to my mom about it cause so doesn’t like the fact that i’m having sex and if i tell her i’m late i no that will be the first thing to pop into her head. but after reading all these comments it makes me a little more comfortable that i’m prolly not prego if you beg to differ plz email me and let me know cause i’m still freaked

October 15, 2009 at 1:46 pm
(54) julia says:

had my gall bladder out on the 28/09/2009,started my period that day and bleed for 12 days after,never had a problem before,quite strange.

October 25, 2009 at 11:38 pm
(55) Margaret Benner says:

I had my gall bladder removed three years ago and since; I have only had two menstrual cycles. I am glad to know I am not alone. I would like to have a research done to figure out why this happens and do believe there is a corrilation with the gall bladder and the menstrual cycle. could we please figure this out!!!!

October 30, 2009 at 12:56 am
(56) jesse says:

I’m 29 years old and I had my gallblader removed about 20 days ago , I have been bleeding ever since,I called the surgeons office they said this shouldn’t happen and didn’t say much else ,I was hospitalized about 2 mnths prior over a very enlarged ovary ,torsion {which means twisting} of ovaries and tube , and a ruptured cyst ,it is really starting to worry me ,I call my gynocologist office and they say it shouldn’t happen don’t seem to be bothered by it at all but it is not normal ,if anyone has had any good conversations about this with a doc please email me, Jesse

November 11, 2009 at 12:05 am
(57) Tasha says:

I am 23 years old and I had my gallblader removed this past September. I have not felt right since. I have not had problems with my periods so far but I have noticed that my skin is breaking out more and I suffer from deep depressions all the time. My deppression is like no other type of depression I have ever had. It is always a very uneasy feeling. I wondered if anyone else is having severe depression. If so please email me, Tasha

November 14, 2009 at 8:44 am
(58) Jennifer says:

I am 23 years old and the mother of 2. I had my gall bladder removed in April 2009. Since the removal I have had spotting a few times a week and no regular period. Only 35 pounds of weight gain. My husband and I have been trying for baby number 3 for about 5 months and there has been no luck. I have gotten pregnant in the first month in the past. My doctor chalks it up to the weight. I gained the weight since my surgery. I want to know why I have gained this much weight and why I can;t get pregnant? This is depressing. I want my normal body back. I want to know how this ‘easy and normal’ surgery messed up my body? Will it be forever?

December 30, 2009 at 3:27 pm
(59) Kristi says:

Just wanted to jump up and throw a bit of info I got from my Doc on here too but with a bit of background :)

I am 30, and healthy but a bit overweight in the stomach due to PCOS. I have been controlling the PCOS in the last 10 months with Biotin and am back to regular periods. Or so I thought.

I got my period, reallllly lightly on Dec 12, I had a laproscopic gall bladder removal on Dec 15. It is now the 30th and I’m STILL bleeding. It’s going in cycles almost. Heavy bleeding, then light bleeding, then the old blood then back to heavy. It’s been a massive pain in the butt to say the least.

I asked my doc when I went back for my final checkup post op and he said that it’s fairly common, some women get really late and some bleed for a long time.
Joy… I got to be in the bleed for 3 weeks category.

He did however mention that I should call my GYN if I’m still bleeding in a week so I’m hoping that it will clear up here soon.

February 28, 2010 at 1:21 am
(60) jennifer p says:

Had my gall bladder removed Oct. 27,2009.
Its Feb. 28 and still nothing. Just one false alarm i had couple light drops of blood in january 2010. >..<

March 7, 2010 at 2:57 am
(61) Toni says:

I had my gallbladder removed 5 days ago. One of the worst experiences I have gone through. The pain was and still is severe, but each day gets a bit better. Coughing is terrible and when I wake up the mornings are tough. Today I started my period. It started heavy right away and now tonight, its very light. Usually I have very heavy periods for the first 2 days but I notice that this one it spotty. I was curious if this is normal?? Also. I have lost a little weight, but not enough to brag about… Any similar stories?

March 10, 2010 at 3:20 pm
(62) Karen says:

I am 32 and I had my gallbladder removed about 2 weeks ago. In reading all the comments I guess there is a trend in you menstrual cycle going bonkers. I am only late a week but being a mother of 3 already I AM FREAKED OUT! I have an appt with the GYN so we’ll see.

April 1, 2010 at 2:18 pm
(63) ctmom says:

I had my gallbladder out at the end of January. For a month following surgery, I had some fairly severe pain (similiar to pain preceding surgery). Gradually it started to get better. Last week I found out that I am pregnant (so barely 5 weeks). During the last couple of weeks the abdominal pain has come back. There is tenderness in the center of my abdomin right below my rib cage and then further down in my mid section. Has anyone experienced this? Or had a sucessful pregnancy after gall bladder removal. The surgeon told me it was perfectly safe to get pregnant as soon as I wanted but I’m worried that this will somehow affect the baby.

April 8, 2010 at 7:53 pm
(64) Emily says:

I had my gallbladder removed on the 12th March. Before then I hadn’t had a period since the end of January, and I’m still waiting for it now. I’m 18 and there’s no chance I could be pregnant because I haven’t had sex in about 2 years. I have lost some weight recently, but according to my BMI I’m not underweight, so I’m confused why my periods have stopped and if it was to do with the gallstone attacks in the first place, which began in November?

April 14, 2010 at 10:45 pm
(65) Melissa says:

I had my gallbladder removed April 9th and i have had a lot of loose bowel movements…But durring my bowl movement I notice I start bleeding as if I am getting my period…when I am on the pill and it shouldnt start until the following Wednesday…Any ideas….Also they told me that after surgery I will have alot of gas bubbles from having it removed through my belly button which was fine but it has been 4 days and the pain is still unbearable…I called the Dr and he recommened taking Gas X for help removing those gas bubbles…Just an FYI

July 12, 2010 at 9:34 pm
(66) Mitzy says:

I know there are many comments here, but before my surgery, (Sept 4, 2009) my anastesiologist (sp?) told me that the bleeding was due to anastesia rather than the surgery itself. Just a minor detail… something to think about after any surgery. I had just had a baby 1 month to the day earlier, and my cycle returned 5 months to the day after the surgery and 6 months to the day from the birth. Guess I’m lucky to be so regular…

August 15, 2010 at 2:54 pm
(67) Kim says:

I had my gb removed on 17th Feb 2010 due to large gall stones. Felt a lot better after surgery. Was not as traumatic and painful as expected – in fact recovered quite well! Oh bot the menstruation is another matter. No period for 6 weeks (have always been like clock work). Then I didn’t have a cycle for 10 weeks. Then I bled for 9 weeks, sometimes very heavily…. awful! Then it stopped and now it is 7 weeks later and nothing……… Went to doc did a pap smear and they say that I am bleeding in my uterus and should go for a d & c. My last gynae app. a year ago – he said that I may have a few fibroids. Have also been told that it will take the body a while to adjust after the surgery, but hey…. 9 weeks bleeding – am now totally anaemic. Hope it comes right soon. Must say I do feel better without the gall bladder… and didn’t regret the surgery… but what now!

August 20, 2010 at 1:16 pm
(68) Katie says:

My last period was July 8th. Had emergency gallbladder surgery on July 26th. It is now Aug 20th and still no period–only spotting for about a week now. Three pregnancy tests have come back negative. I’m glad to know that I’m not alone in this. I’ll have to talk to my gyn.

September 27, 2010 at 2:52 pm
(69) Abbie says:

I had my gallbladder and appendix removed 3 and half weeks ago.
I never experienced any “period” like symptoms like most or all of you did.
I went up to Urgent Care over the weekend, because I have been feeling really dizzy. I found out that I am pregnant, which makes me concerned….since they tested me for pregnancy before my surgery and said I wasn’t pregnant. Hopefully, the baby was conceived after my surgery and not before. I don’t think a baby who was conceived before my surgery, would be born without some kind of birth defect…since I was on heavy narcotic pain medications for 4 days straight.

October 8, 2010 at 6:29 pm
(70) margot roode says:

Hi;
wow, I still have my gall bladder but suspect it is the cause of my problems, I am scheduled for an ultrasound in a couple of weeks, but guess what no menstral cycle for 2 months. That has never happened before.
Margot

November 7, 2010 at 10:06 pm
(71) Amy says:

I had my gallbladder out last year when I was 19. I had been on the contraceptive pill for 2 years with no problems. After my operation I had irregular bleeding, a couple of times a week despite still being on my pill. I changed the type of pill 3 months later and have had no further problems. My doctor said he had no idea why but at a guess it could be something to do with the shock of the aesthetic to my body, making my hormones go all out of balance, maybe thats why?

November 10, 2010 at 1:51 am
(72) Melissa says:

I am 20 years old and had my gall bladder removed in July. My period came about 2 weeks off but it was very light and i have not had one since. I wish i knew more.

November 11, 2010 at 12:49 am
(73) Joana says:

I had a terrible abdominal pain twice last week, apart from the one I had months ago. Just had an ultrasound and it was confirmed that I got multiple gallstones. Now my doctor advised me to have a surgery, they have to remove my g.bladder. I’m having second thoughts not because of fear but from the comments you gave, I’m afraid I won’t conceive if undergo such. My husband and I planned to have a baby now that he is on vacation and i’ts frustrating that we have to postpone due to my situation. I even took my fertility pill. If possible, I don’t wana undergo surgery but do I have a choice? In the contrary I don’t want to wait for the emergency operation to transpire. My Dr. said flushing the stones is not advisable for it may block my ducts. Pls, I need advice..

November 11, 2010 at 1:12 am
(74) Joana says:

I just had an abdominal UTZ last week, I was advised to undergo such due to extreme abdominal pain that I felt. It was confirmed that I got multiple gallstones and was advised to undergo surgery, removal of g.blader. I’m having second thoughts, hoping for other remedies. And reading your comments, I am more confused. I am afraid I won’t conceive if I undergo such. But the question is, are there any other options? My Dr. discouraged me to flush the stones for it may block may ducts and complicate the situation. I feel desperate. Help!

November 11, 2010 at 6:35 pm
(75) Tammy says:

I had my gall bladder removed on September 9, 2010, and have had normal regular menstrual periods. However, the cramping seems to have become a lot worse. About a month after surgery, I started having rectal bleeding, which the doctor said was a rectal tear. It may be because I have lost so much weight since I started hurting on August 13th. However, I still hurt on my upper right and left sides and I can’t understand this since it has been nine weeks since my surgery. I am on a suppository every day and stool softeners, and the doctor told me to take Tylenol for cramping. I know people say that each person is different, but is it normal to still have pain after nine weeks? It seems to be worse when I am on my period, but maybe because of bloating from my period? I just wish it wasn’t such a guessing game. I don’t have insurance and money is so tight. I just wish I had some real answers.

December 24, 2010 at 4:25 am
(76) Prissy says:

Wow I am experiencing the total opposite. I have ALWAYS had an irregular period and ever since my gb surgery about 4 months ago, I have had a period every month! I was researching to see if having the surgery was some how connected to the menstral cycle. I also have continued to have pain on my right upper side as well as many others. I can’t understand why either. My mom had her gb out about 6 years ago and she to still experiences pain on her upper right side. Hmm I really wish I could find some answers. I actually hate having my period every month!lol Guess I’m just not used to it.

December 29, 2010 at 10:26 pm
(77) Tammy says:

I don’t understand some of this pain either. So many people I talk to say they immediately stopped having pain after having their gb removed. A lot of them had non functioning gb’s, and mine was only working 28%, but I was hurting all of the time. I didn’t have attacks, but hurt non stop. Some days are better than others, but I still hurt every day on my right or left side. I think I have also developed hemorrhoids after gb surgery and now have to go through all of this rectal pain, sitz baths, etc. Every day I have some kind of pain and it doesn’t seem fair, as I have never been in pain before and don’t know how to take this. Some people say it could be 6 months to a year before pain stops and my surgeon just keeps telling me it will go away with time. How much time?!

January 2, 2011 at 2:18 pm
(78) Lisa B says:

hello ladies!

i am 26, had my gallbladder removed by laproscopy on 6/12/10 due to gall bladder disease, period due about 22nd of the month but it hasn’t appeared. Glad to see that others have had odd happenings too.

re ongoing pain – although i havent had attacks i have had pains like indigestion still on the right side so may be thats normal too seeing as your liver has to work twice as hard now. Having said that I had my gallbladder out then have stuffed my face over xmas/new year so it probably had to work 10 times as hard :)

January 4, 2011 at 7:52 pm
(79) Manyi says:

WOW!! I’m not going nuts. lol I had my gallbladder removed December 3rd and have had off & on HEAVY bleeding for a day than gone than back. I am taking seasonique and skip the placebo pills due to my endometriosis. I have this taste of blood in my mouth and then sure enough I am bleeding. No one seems to know what is going on. I’ve taken seasonique sine I had my son almost 5 yrs ago and no problems unless on antibiotics. Any ideas???

January 16, 2011 at 12:49 pm
(80) Ashley says:

I had my gallbladder removed as well and i too haven’t had a period yet.. I feel like removing my gallbladder is the cause of it especially now that i found that i’m not the only one who has experienced this.

January 18, 2011 at 2:42 pm
(81) Vic says:

I had my GB removed in Feb 2010 and up to that point (due to PCOS) had around 2 periods per year. I am suffering ongoing pain caused by what the docs say is duodenitis and GERD. The amazing thing is that for the first time since 1999 I have had regular (like clock work) periods for the past 5 months – I can’t help but think it is connected !

January 24, 2011 at 12:29 am
(82) kelly says:

I am 27 and have a surgical appt. In 2 weeks to have my gallbladder removed. But I have been reading up on it and I’m worried about what my period will do afterwards since I was planning on trying to get pregnant asap. Should I wait to have the surgery until after pregnancy ?

February 1, 2011 at 1:21 pm
(83) Roxan says:

Hi, I am 37 and also planning to hv a baby and undergoing a treatment. I discussed with my dr that what if i dont’ get removed my GB then what will happen and he told me that it will get worst during pregnancy so better get it removed. So my GB was removed on 1 Jan and I experienced the same what others has gone through. Periods after 3 days of surgery and now I am experience spoting only. Now I hv an appointment with my Gyne dr and let’s c what she says.

February 4, 2011 at 4:44 am
(84) amelia says:

my 14 yr old daughter had gall bladder removed now she hasnt had a period and she has bad sharp pains in the head dizziness everyday weight loss she dont look good plus her liver function tests wont come up docs say they will im worried whats goin on maybe there is another problem im scared for her

March 3, 2011 at 5:08 pm
(85) Kelly McGinnis says:

I had my period on Feb 17 2009 when I had my gallbladder removed in an emergency laproscopic surgery. I have not have a single period since. I had one in Feb of 2010 and one in Feb 2011 that were very light… too light to call a period as i didn’t even need a pad, just a panty liner… Glad to know I’m not a total freak of nature

March 15, 2011 at 12:35 pm
(86) Tina says:

I had my GB removed and i still have my periods. And i am having them worse. but now for only three days.

March 31, 2011 at 3:40 am
(87) Sue says:

hi am nearly 34, i had my GB removed last Saturday 26th and am also experiencing bleeding, called the Dr he said its normal will have check up this Saturday we’ll see.

May 10, 2011 at 1:36 pm
(88) Jessica says:

I’m really glad I found this site… I had my gallbladder out April 20th, and haven’t had any complications, other than the pain at first. I just got my period, a few days late, which is normal for me, and at first, it was pretty heavy. My period typically lasts 5 days, with a regular flow, but after 1 day, it has completely stopped, with minor spotting. I was really worried at first, but from what I’m seeing, maybe it’s from the surgery/anesthesia?
I have a 2 year old, and my husband and I are trying for another… does anyone have any info about getting pregnant after this surgery? if they encountered any problems?

May 13, 2011 at 3:00 pm
(89) Suzanne says:

Hi everyone! I am 40 years old and had my gallbladder removed (lap) on March 30, 2011. 2 days after my surgery, I got my period like I have not seen it before. It was heavy, wet, and red. Pre surgery it ws dry, flakey, and brown. My period has not come since. I have experiencing cramps and my body feels like my period wants to come. I know I am not pregnant. My husband and I are looking to start a family and this definitely puts a damper on things. What can I do??? Please help…

May 18, 2011 at 5:37 pm
(90) Laurie says:

Regarding the running to the bathroom. I had my gallbladder removed in 2007 and I complained about this to my doctor a year after the surgery. He stated that this usually will stop after one year. But approximately 1-4 people who have their gallbladder removed will suffer from this for the rest of their life. I am lucky to say that I am not one of them. My periods also start acting up after the surgery. They are come like clockwork but I only have two heavy days then brown spotting til I ovulate. Plays havoc with the sex life. No fun.

July 6, 2011 at 12:02 pm
(91) Katie says:

I’m 27 and I had my gallbladder removed May 17th of this year. I had my period 5 days late. I was pretty worried, but I have heard that surgery can cause enough trauma to your body to delay your period. I started this last time 2 days early and it only lasted barely 3 days and definitely lighter than normal. My cycle is normally 6-7 days long and i’ve been on bc since November 2010. I have been having what I thought were pregnancy symptoms, it sounds like some of you other ladies have been experiencing these things too though, fatigue, bowel issues, cramping, etc. Still not sure though, since I haven’t gained any weight, but my breasts definitely seem to have increased in size and are more sensitive than usual. I have taken several pg tests and all negative. I guess i’ll have to wait it out and see if the next cycle is back to normal or not. Any suggestions?

July 16, 2011 at 7:57 am
(92) TANISHA says:

I’m 23 years old I had my gallbladder removed May 18th I experienced heavy menstrual bleeding and clotting the day after the surgeon said that was normal after surgery I’ve always had normal 2-3 day periods mild cramping if any since my surgery my cycle has changed from the end of the month to the middle of the month and it last up to 8 days I cramp severely and my bleeding is HEAVY and I’m constantly clotting my menstrual was perfectly fine before my gallbladder removal there has to be a connection between the two

July 24, 2011 at 2:26 pm
(93) Lisa says:

I had my gallbladder removed at the end of march and have been missing periods ever since. I have only had 2 since my op and have been worried that something serious is going on,but thankfully it seems that what i am experiencing is completely normal.

July 28, 2011 at 2:51 am
(94) ditto says:

I am SO glad I came across this page! I have been so scared that something was wrong with me. I had my surgery a week ago and I have been bleeding since the day after. This was the normal time for me to start, but I have had really old blood coming out of me. It totally freaked me out because this has never happened to me except right after I had my babies. I am glad to hear that I am not alone and I do not have to panic!:) Still sucks, but at least it’s normal. I also find the correlation between women having children and having gallbladder removal odd. I noticed on the posts a lot of women had children before their surgery and I delivered my daughter almost a year to the date that I had to have mine removed b/c it was only functioning at 14%.

July 28, 2011 at 8:22 am
(95) Cris C says:

Reading these posts made me feel better. I am 50 and had my gallbladder removed on July 9. Hadn’t had a period in 18 months, but two days after surgery I had three days of light bleeding. Now, three weeks later, I have signs of ovulation. Strange after being menopausal for 18 months.

July 30, 2011 at 8:57 am
(96) Pamela says:

I to had my GB removed by lap on July 8th 2011. I have spotted a few times since. I have had several surgeries in the past so I thought it was normal. I got my period this morning (a week early) unlike anything I have ever had in my life. I started to bleed in the middle of the night bright Red. I was a little scared, so I called urgent care and the woman said it is normal for someone with GB being removed to have abnormal periods. Why would our doctors not tell us this. I go see my doctor on the 1st of Aug I am gonna ask him then.. Will let you guys know what he says.

August 1, 2011 at 7:58 pm
(97) Pamela says:

Had my doctors apt today and I have to go see my OBGYN to have a few test done and I also have to go have a EGD scope done as well because I am still not keeping food down. They think that when they took out my gallbladder they might have missed some small tumors that might be causing my other issues. So now got to have that test done. UGH…

August 3, 2011 at 8:40 am
(98) traci says:

I had my surgery on July 1 2011 and after surgery when I went to use the bathroom I was bleeding. I told the nurse and she said that the she spoke to the doc and he said he didn’t do anything aggressive… So I went to the bathroom a couple times after that and it seemed like it was getting worse. The nurse said to see an OB/GYN. It is now the beginning of August and I have been having heavy periods for a couple days then stop for one then come on again until this last time I started on the 19th of July and I have been heavier than I have since I started my menstral cycle..I was thinking that there was something wrong with me until I came across this site…I have a fear of hearing something is wrong with me. I decided to call the OB/GYN today…. I’m 35 years old and over the normal weight doctors want you to be… I will keep you updated after my appt with the OB/GYN

August 4, 2011 at 10:29 am
(99) Carmel says:

I can’t beleive these posts have been going on since 2006. And still the dr’s don’t tell you any warning before doing this surgery. Nor do they seem to have a clue after they finished. My bleeding started immediately after my surgery. I mentioned it to the nurse. She thought maybe they did a cath on me. I don’t see my surgeon for another week. My concern is that I am menopausal. I don’t even have pads at my house anymore (it has been two years since I needed them). Why aren’t the dr’s putting this together? I don’t want to go back to having periods. Glad to read all the other comments. Thanks ladies!

August 7, 2011 at 2:04 am
(100) Jackie says:

Im 23 years old and just had my gallbladder remove yesterday 8/4/11 I had my reg period week and half befor my gallbladder surgy but now day after I am have light moderate bleedin kinda scared dobt knkw if this is normal also blood is a orange/ bright red color pleaseee help

August 7, 2011 at 11:45 am
(101) Pamela says:

Jackie, what did your doctor say or a nurse? Are you still in the hospital or are you home? Did you call into your doctor? Most of us have had the same thing. Seems to be normal although non of the doctors have said anything about the bleeding.

August 10, 2011 at 8:41 am
(102) Renee says:

I had my gall bladder out in December and have been told that I must not take the hormone tablets I am on due to having a hysterotomy many years ago. I also always
seem to have an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach near
my ribs after eating, feels like something is blocked.
Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks
Renee

August 21, 2011 at 10:04 pm
(103) TeAnna says:

I had my gall bladder removed on July 14,2011 , and haven’t felt better! The morning of Aug.9 I started my period and it was like a normal period, the only thing that is weird is that it was almost three years since i have had a menstrual cycle at all. I talked to my surgeon and she said that surgery does strange things to your period. When they discovered i had problems with my gall bladder they also did testing to see why i hadnt had a period in almost three years and all of my tests including my hormones came back normal. hopefully my problem is resolved and i will be “normal ” again as far as having my periods go.
good luck and healthy living to every one! :)

August 23, 2011 at 8:29 pm
(104) marisan says:

I had my gallbladder removed I was 23 Jan 18 2010, on that day i was finishing up my period. well next month came and i didnít get a period, i went to doctor and nobody wanted to relate my period to my surgery which i knew it had to be because my period was every 28 days on the dot!!! Well my obgyn gave me some pills so my period could come and i would bleed very lightly just for one day and it would stop. I knew this surgery messed up my hormones I went for a doctor checkup and I was pre diabetic and I had high blood pressure as well and was gaining lots of weight I was going crazy, there I was almost 8 months with no period. Every doctor would tell me something different, one even said I had PCOS and I wouldnít be able to have any kids(Iím currently 32 weeks pregnant with a baby boy) seems to me like they were all guessing. finally I went to another doctor he prescribed me metformin to help regulate my period and sugar well I just took one month and a half of this medicine and got my period my high blood pressure went away and I was no longer pre-diabetic. So i know for sure gallbladder removal has to do a lot with your hormones and periods.

September 29, 2011 at 8:45 am
(105) alb says:

I am 24 and I had my gallbladder removed on august 26 2011. I keep track of my cycle on my HTC EVO and it is always spot on. my cycle was scheduled Sept first through the fourth and it came and went without a hitch. but now my cycle was scheduled Sept 28-Oct1 and its the 29 and not so much as a cramp or a gurgle or a spot. I know that stress can wreak havoc on your cycle and I’m hoping that’s the case. But I got an appointment on Monday to follow up with my surgeon.

But on a side note: I noticed that some ladies above were talking about putting off their surgery because of their periods. Yeah that’s a great idea if you want to risk having it go septic and spewing bile all over your insides. But don’t worry, if it goes septic you won’t have to worry about an irregular period cause everyone knows dead women don’t have periods. Please please please don’t put off this surgery. If ur doctor says you need it, that you have stones or infection or its sluggish. Just go ahead and save yourself the trouble and have it removed. It’s better than the possible alternate life of being so sick for the rest of your life that will probably end in screaming agony.

I have faith that everything will work itself out with our cycles. Good luck to everyone!

October 14, 2011 at 7:26 am
(106) sonja says:

Hey,
so interesting to hear so many women are in the same boat. I was 24 when i got my gall bladder removed 7 months ago. While I was in the hospital my mom was doing some researching and came up with an interesting fact. theirs a theory that gall bladder problems/diease in women may be linked to high estrogen birthcontrol. so when i came home from the hospital i checked my birthcontrol that i was currently on and what i had used in the passed, interesting fact 3 out of 5 bc’s i was on were considered high in estrogen. Also, other women have complications wit their gall bladders while they are pregnant. So i am not all suprised that it does effect our menstrual cycle, because it is obviously horomone related. I have experienced shorter periods not on time, but worse symptoms one to two weeks before i am suppose to get my cycle. Heavy cramps, brutual headaches etc. Guess it gives us one more reason to not enjoy being a women:p
I dont know about you im definately spreading my knowledge on to other women that are thinking about going on birthcontrol and having them double think about high estrogen product.

October 18, 2011 at 11:32 pm
(107) ms lovely says:

so i had ma gallbadder removed september 11th and my period came down on the 19th of the same month now i always had a normal period but after the surgery ive been having a lot of cramps but really light bleeding now its the 18th of october and my period came down a day early and im having the same thing has last month but the crampz are 10 times worse i would also like to know if its dure to my surgery or if it can be a chance that i can be pregnant(witch i dont wanna think about) if any one finds any infomation plz email me at mslovely1@tmo.blackberry.net thank you for your time

October 20, 2011 at 5:26 pm
(108) db says:

Thank God for this site! I have been freaking out for two days. I had my gall bladder surgery on Monday and then a scope to remove a stray gall stone on Tuesday…home Tuesday afternoon and then noticed slight bleeding on Wednesday and now Thursday period like bleeding. I was really worried there was something wrong…Called doc after I noticed spotting on Wed and he said that he didn’t think it would have anything to do with the procedures that were done. So glad to hear that others are in the same boat! Hopefully my bleeding doesn’t last as long as some on this site, but thanks to everyone who posted here! It has made me feel much better! Fortunatley I haven’t had a whole lot of pain following surgery, this is really the only “complication” I have had and I was freaking out! Thanks again to everyone!

October 27, 2011 at 11:31 am
(109) Kelly says:

WOW- there are some stories here. I had my gall bladder removed in Feb 2011 and my period actually started that day and ran its course. I also suffer ovarian cysts and endometriosis so its always hard to tell what is having an effect. Since having my gall bladder removed my endometriosis symptoms have been so much better. I get about 5-6 extra days between menstruating and now only bleed for 4-5 days instead of 8. However, my last period was really heavy and painful again; I have also noticed that ALL of my gall stone symptoms have returned as well which seems impossible as I have no gall bladder.

In addition to this I frequent the ladies room EVERY single time I eat and if I dont have a food every 4-5 hours I end up needing to go to the ladies anyway and it always comes out a lot worse. I had a gastroscopy last week and waiting on results to see what it might be. ThMy body took only a few weeks to adjust to having it removed but it only lasted a short while and now the problem is WORSE than before. When I go for my results I think I may be asking about the links now because so many others seem to have suffered similar problems.

November 9, 2011 at 11:24 am
(110) Marisa says:

im 16 and got my gallbladder out on oct 26 because it doesnt work. no galstones or anything. it just doesnt work. now im 2 weeks -3 weeks late for my period. do u think it is the gall bladder or pregant?

November 9, 2011 at 10:35 pm
(111) Tina Johnson says:

I am 52 and was told I had gallstones about 15 years ago but they said since it wasn’t bothering me(pain wise-had dietary problems though) that they weren’t going to remove it. Just recently on 10/17/11 I had cortisone shots in my back and had concious sedation. Then afterwards for several days after eating I would get severe abdominal cramps that I never had before. I knew it wasn’t gas or heartburn(although I have severe heartburn/GERD), so I went to the RT on 10/22/11 and they did an ultrasound, etc. and said it was my gallbladder and it had to come out. Everything went fine(had it done laproscopically) but about a week later I had vaginal bleeding but have been in menopause for two years. YIKES!!! Funny the doctor who did the surgery.. said while taking out my stitches and staples..when I told him of the situation .. “I didn’t do it”!!! His office told me to follow up with my OB/GYN. I had to have a transvaginal ultrasound and had an outer one(but they couldn’t put much pressure on my still healing abdomen). I go in tomorrow for a cervical biopsy. Apparently doctors worry more when women are in menopause. And I have had abnormal paps and a LEEP procedure in the past. I sure hope I don’t need anything taken out cuz I WILL NOT let anyone cut me open again for at LEAST 6 months!!! Just hope its nothing more than what a LEEP can fix since that is an out patient procedure. AIN’T IT FUN BEING A WOMAN!!!

November 21, 2011 at 6:39 am
(112) SV says:

I am 28 and had my GB removed 3 weeks before. My periods just got delayed a week. I even tested afraid if I was pregnant.

Meanwhile I consumed lot of Papayas and nutrilite Iron Folic tablets. I got my periods normal and flow was normal and painless too. So dont worry girls . Medidate and be balanced to support your body change.