1. Health

Is It Safe to Dye Pubic Hair?

By July 26, 2005

How to Color Gray Pubic Hair
Do you have gray pubic hair that you wish was your natural color? Recently a Women's Health Forum visitor wanted to know how to dye her gray pubic hair, so I researched the topic and tell you how to color your gray pubic hair in this Women's Health How To. Included are health care professionals recommedations on do-it-yourself pubic hair coloring.
Comments
August 12, 2007 at 8:13 am
(1) tammy says:

YES! Finally, there is a way to safely color pubic hair! A company called betty beauty, has a product called ‘betty’ color for the hair down there. It is a specially formulated pubic hair dye for men and woman. http://www.bettybeauty.com

June 1, 2008 at 6:18 pm
(2) pubic says:

Anybody tried this product? Does it work? I’m thinking of trying it, but I have to know if it is really good.

June 30, 2008 at 1:51 pm
(3) Brown Betty says:

Yes it really works! I used the brown betty color and it covered very well. A little shy to admit but i have some gray hairs down there and this product covered them all! For any New Yorkers out there, i bought the product at Duane Reade.

August 20, 2008 at 10:34 pm
(4) Anna says:

If my guy does oral on me, will the dyed hair taste bad?

November 20, 2008 at 5:00 pm
(5) Dick says:

yes! it will

January 13, 2009 at 3:21 pm
(6) bettyuser says:

I love betty products, they are great for changing it up down there and very easy to use! even the stencils are easy to do at home. my personal favorite is a red heart!

March 31, 2009 at 7:07 am
(7) Janice says:

I have been dying ‘down their’ for years now, and have always been a little embarrassed. But recently I found a brand called Minikini – they make dying fun! So far I’ve tried blue and red, and my husband, who doesn’t know I dye, can’t get enough of it! I buy mine mail order here,

April 27, 2009 at 1:54 pm
(8) keke says:

How the heck could he not notice your vagina suddenly growing blue troll hair?

May 5, 2009 at 12:01 pm
(9) Bikini Hair Dye says:

Betty Bikini is the best I’ve found. It’s been a blast changing colors as well.

June 4, 2009 at 3:48 pm
(10) Ktee says:

Hello.
i have recently tried it and it sinjed my pubes off. and left a fanny rash with boyles and blisters.
i wouldnt advise it
piece out homie :)

October 29, 2009 at 4:16 pm
(11) Smiles says:

What the heck are you guys/gals doing DYEING your own hair!? I believe it’s wrong to dye your hair because it makes your hair fall out in the long run and most people would know if you dye your pubes! It’s DISGUSTING!!!!!!

March 15, 2010 at 5:31 pm
(12) Becky says:

I’m 34 and found that I was getting gray hair below the belt. It pissed me off. I’ve been researching how to dye the hair in that area without success until I stumbled onto Betty Beauty by accident. I just ordered my first kit, and I’m hoping it’ll work as good as the recommendations its received. Thanks.

March 19, 2010 at 12:56 am
(13) darstar says:

i just bought the pink dye and styling kit from bettybeauty. im super excited to suprise my boyfriend. not sure what he’ll think of it, but i think it would be wicked to have pink hair down there!

March 30, 2010 at 1:03 am
(14) razzri says:

do your man a favor and dye it bleach blonde white! It is easier finding a Unicorn than a white bush…..

August 14, 2010 at 4:36 pm
(15) James M. says:

I have grey pubic hair what I have done is to shave the hair. The hair is removed and no one will know what color the hair is. The smooth look is catching on. I love being a smoothie.

James

November 19, 2010 at 8:52 am
(16) MB says:

I also have a few gray ones and might try Betty. However, I trim mine very short, so as soon as the gray is visible, it’s usually time for a trim anyways. But I might try it anyways…i hear good things about Betty!

December 18, 2010 at 6:32 pm
(17) Bayarea says:

Becky (from March)- did you try bettybeauty? How did it work? Is this product safe?

June 22, 2011 at 7:13 pm
(18) andrea says:

i have never gotten a grey pubic hair, how ever if i did, id wax em all offf!!!!!!!!

August 15, 2011 at 8:35 pm
(19) JM says:

By ‘down there’ you mean on the VAGINA?
Really people. Be adults.

August 23, 2011 at 5:50 am
(20) Devon-lee says:

I have tried this product and it caught my pubes on fire. I had 3 degree burns. DO NOT USE.

August 27, 2011 at 10:18 pm
(21) Amy says:

It Burned? What happen? did you do it your self?

November 5, 2011 at 7:23 pm
(22) a3657166 says:

I’ve said that least 3657166 times. The problem this like that is they are just too compilcated for the average bird, if you know what I mean