1. Health

What Women Need to Know About Vaginal Discharge

By October 21, 2008

Did you know that having a vaginal discharge is normal? However, not all types of vaginal discharges are normal. But, do you know how to tell the different types of vaginal discharges apart? Discover the facts about normal and abnormal vaginal discharges and find out when to see your doctor about your vaginal discharge.
Comments
October 29, 2008 at 1:53 am
(1) Suzy says:

I just turned 45 on Monday and I have to say that I really am in tune
with my body now. Each month b4 my period I get a thin discharge about 10 days b4 my period starts. I also get another discharge during ovulation. I usually can tell now when I’m ovulating, and when it’s safe or not. lol. I hope the above wasn’t too much TMI!! lol

October 30, 2008 at 5:42 am
(2) joyce says:

i have big problem . my problem is that now i can not eat any thing contain sugar cos any time i will take sugar my vaginal is itching me and i discharge yellow is semall bad and can not do any thing cos is itching me i try many tretment but is not working pls i need help

November 9, 2008 at 12:33 am
(3) Kristen says:

Ive had some problems also .. lucky for me I came acroos this site that offered “Bye-Bye-BV! A Complete Guide to Treatment Options for Bacterial Vaginosis” Its very useful.. i feeling much better now.. thanks and good luck to all you ladys!

November 16, 2008 at 1:33 pm
(4) CL says:

You may want to update your article again on gonorrhea. There are only two drugs: Cefixime 400 mg orally in a single dose,
Ceftriaxone 125 mg IM in a single dose, that are now recommended by the CDC.

November 20, 2008 at 2:08 pm
(5) carole says:

Can anyone tell me if they know what kind of Vaginal problem, has a transparent discharge and smells like onion, i am 56 years old, and how to treat it

November 20, 2008 at 9:36 pm
(6) tirita bigums says:

My tits spray out a onion smelling discharge. Does it matter?

December 27, 2008 at 7:35 am
(7) ruhena says:

h please can you help,am 23 yrs virgin never been any relationship but for the past one or two years i have been having viginal discharge.
i dont know how this all started but its getting to me now.
its smells very bad like cheese and is a sticky/stringy liquid its clear but sumtimes its yellowish and i have this discharge always please can you help me ,i have seen my doctor who says its normal but its been going on for such a long time am scared!!

December 30, 2008 at 1:28 pm
(8) J says:

Hi, I am 21 years old and 2months ago had been diagnosed with a yeast infection. My doctor prescribed both an oral pill (taken twice) and a cream to apply to the outside of the vagina. This treatment worked almost instantly (in less than a week I was cured)About 2weeks ago I started getting a runny vaginal discharge that has a yellowish, sometimes greenish color to it. I tried treating it myself (since no one likes to go to a gyno) with the remaining yeast infection cream. This isn’t really working so I’m getting very concerned. Is there anything you could advise me on?

January 12, 2009 at 10:22 am
(9) smooth criminal says:

hi tirita, im not positive but the onion discharge that is spraying from your breasts is not normal. get checked

April 29, 2009 at 1:38 pm
(10) Nikki says:

Hi Ruhena, I have your same situation, im 21, a virgin, trust me not because I want to, but because im embarassed that I guy might be disgusted by the fact that I have a faginal discharge and I have to use pads everyday to avoid my underwear getting stains.. I’ve been to several doctors and they do not know what it is because i’m a virgin.. but i dont think having sex is the answer… I’ve had it like for 7 years and I cant stand it… when i go out clubbing or work out.. the discharge intensifies and the pads will not hold it.. neither will tampons.. DID SOMEBODY HELP YOU OUT.. any ideas?? I’ll try anything..

June 5, 2009 at 11:52 pm
(11) zach says:

Nikki, first off, dont worry so much about guys not wanting to have sex with you, they’ll do it if they are slightly interested. you should use a condom, regardless, sex is always messy and not so pleasant with first time partners. but in regards to funky discharge, get yourself tested just to put your mind at rest. that way you know you dont have an STD, which you dont have to have sex to catch.
now that your mind is at rest, take care of your body. exercise an hour a day and eat healthy foods, cut out all processed sugars and bad foods. forget cutting out any other vices (drugs alcohol whatever), just take care of your diet and be active. Lots of water and cranberry juice, fresh foods, garlic and onions. That should clear out anything funky going on.
Also, tampons can mess with your the homeostasis of your lady parts. Try to use pads when you menstruate. And never wear the same underwear two days in a row. Change your underwear often. Airflow!

August 12, 2009 at 3:38 pm
(12) shalonda says:

IM ABOUT TO HAVE THE LEEP DONE TOMORO… CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME TIPS ON WAT I NEED TO DO BEFORE AND AFTER?

October 5, 2009 at 5:14 pm
(13) katie says:

after i eat sugar i always have a yellowish/white (but NOT cottage cheese like) vaginal discharge. my vagina slightly burns,and after intercourse i notice a unpleasant odor which i never had before. its been lke this for 3 months now. i went to the doctor and she said there was nothing wrong with me but i know my own body..i was wondering if you thought it was a yeast infection or bacterial vaginitis? PLEASE help. thankyou.

January 10, 2010 at 9:33 am
(14) sam says:

hiya, just wondering if anyone can help me. Lately I have been getting an increased and often runny discharge. It comes out really creamy white but on my knickers its yellow. I have had bacterial vaginosis before and so i keep checking the smell. It doesnt smell as bad as when i had that but t does have a strange smll to it.
Could you help me?

January 24, 2010 at 3:14 pm
(15) ANN says:

during sex i have a vaginal smell of onions, could anyone help me to know what to do to get rid of the smell.

June 14, 2010 at 1:26 pm
(16) natasha says:

Hi i am 23 i have had discharge for the past 6 years,i have never been to the gyno,at fist it started to be green and then it changed to a whitish colour,i have this discharge everyday,i have to wear a tampond so that i dont feel it on my clothes,i am starting to become worried about it as it has not stopped,i have noticed that when it is cold i usually get it the most.Does anyone have the same feelings????????????????????????????? xoxoxo girl23

June 17, 2010 at 4:37 am
(17) Chelle says:

Sam omg the same thing for me too, i swear i was the only one..i have those symptoms too. im 20 the BV is gone for a good while now, but i always smell just in case..If u get help plz pass it on!!

September 13, 2010 at 6:57 am
(18) prusilla says:

I have had a bacterial infection for like 5 months on and off had taken 3 medications now and will not go away, what to do now????? Dr just keeps giving me stuff gur gur. Any one got any ideas of what to do now?? And thank god I found this site thought was only one with this problem lol.

October 12, 2010 at 12:02 pm
(19) cheesylips says:

Why don’t some of you try washing once in awhile.

December 12, 2010 at 5:06 pm
(20) victoria says:

for someone putting there name as “cheesylips” u shouldnt judge these women.. just saying..

January 9, 2011 at 10:49 am
(21) natasha says:

i have a runny watery discharge, it starts around the 10th day after my menstruation. does anyone know the reason for this and a cure perhaps

February 2, 2011 at 6:04 pm
(22) Shorty says:

hey im 15 years old , and im discharging thick milky discharge ! what should i do ! and it stink alittle

February 4, 2011 at 4:48 pm
(23) Old Spice says:

Hi all. Dont get worried about your discharge. Its normal thing, but it can also be cured, if you feel like it. 2 years ago a friend had a same problem, but she solved it with something you cant find in USA . You can never solve it completely cause its normal for vagina to discharge something. But if it is itchy and it goes out a lot there is a cure. Anyone who needs it leave a message, i will be more then happy to help you.
A cream is used only outside,at the vagina “doors” , and it takes aprox. one week to help.

February 4, 2011 at 4:49 pm
(24) eq says:

t43tqw4t43wtq

March 31, 2011 at 5:28 am
(25) testmestd says:

Very impressive information on vaginal discharge i am surprised that there is abnormal vagina discharge also as i was totally unaware of the fact…thanks for sharing such an informative post.

May 10, 2011 at 4:38 am
(26) Pinky says:

Women…the things we have to go through. For those of you who get BV quite often, try changing your soap…Get a PH Balanced or natural soap. Trader’s Joe or Whole Foods carry natural soaps not tested on animals. Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint Soap is great too, just don’t get it in the Cat…lol..Also, eat more yogurt or take Probiotics daily. Plain Yogurt can be inserted into the vagina. It restores the good bacteria. Replens or Rephresh (over the counter) also helps restore moisture to the vagina walls which probibits the good bacteria from leaving. I hope I have have helped someone. It may not work for everyone, but it won’t hurt to try.

August 18, 2011 at 4:51 pm
(27) charianna says:

what do i use to get rid of my vagnia smell

August 24, 2011 at 12:55 am
(28) Mary says:

Ever since i got my cycle i always had a discharge clear not smelly when my husband touches me he always ask me why are you wet i already went to the doctor thinking something was wrong with me and he said everything is good i get so mad that he ask me why are you wet is this normol

October 8, 2011 at 9:59 pm
(29) FJ says:

I have the same problem discharge. Wet all the time. White often smelly. I thought I was the only one. I am 50 years old and have got the discharge back after 3 months of not having it. I am now trying all the different things I was doing. For a start I am taking aloe vera juice and chorella in a glass of water every day. Aloe vera is supposed to work on bacteria. Hope this is what got rid of it. Also when my discharge went I became less red and swollen down there. And for years I have just thought that was normal as the doctor has said many times that there is nothing wrong.

November 5, 2011 at 7:09 pm
(30) a3109714 says:

I’ve said that least 3109714 times. The problem this like that is they are just too compilcated for the average bird, if you know what I mean

November 8, 2011 at 1:31 pm
(31) Shannon W says:

I had this procedure done yesterday and it was practically painless. The shots to numb me were not bad at all. The doctor told me that there was going to be a big pinch and then a really bad burning sensation. I felt a slight pinch and then felt no burning. I had some removed from the external cervix and some from the internal canal. One peice was about the size of a quarter and the other was dime sized. Yes….I looked at them out of curiousity. I have had two babies with the last one being 3 months ago and over 10 lbs. Yes I delivered vaginally and completely natural. I don’t know if I have a high pain tolerance and the fact that I just had a baby 3 months ago it made this seem like nothing, but I seriously did not feel any burning. I did have some cramping after I left and was driving home from the doctor’s office but that was pretty much it. I have passed a few clots and am still bleeding like a pretty moderate period flow but the cramping has eased off some. Every woman is different and experiences pain at difference tolerance levels so it is hard to say what you may feel. I am just giving you another story and experience. Best wishes to you others going through this out there.

November 23, 2011 at 6:05 am
(32) hrad says:

Hi girls,
I thought I would share my story with you in hope that it might help some of you.
I have been soffering with vaginal discharge my whole life. Every single day and there has never been any infection found (well, a few times maybe, but these were cured but the discharge remained). Then it got worse and worse and I realised that this started after I started in my new job – and there I drunk a lot of cappucinos. So, I stopped that and it reduced again, yet it was ever present as always. So I started trying different diets – high protein, hig carb, raw food, no gluten, no dairy…. I tried EVERYTHING and nothing really helped, untill I started getting into ayurveda. Now, ayurvedic diet on its own didnt work for me, however, I did an ayurvedic detox (you only eat a meal called kitchary for several days – only plain kitchari- mung beans with rice oil and spices and salt, no other vegetables) and the discharge vanished!!!! I couldnt believe it! But after my diet resumed to normal it slowly returned.
I dont know how this works and I am still on a quest to find out what causes it, but I know for sure that it is food related now, something in my diet is triggering it. Maybe I cannot digest food properly and since kichari is easily digestible it allows your body to rest… I dont know…
But some of you out there are really desperate and nothing works try 2-3 days on kitchari only (i ate it 3times a day), my discharge vanished already after the first day. I sometimes do this detox and it always works.
It is a great help, because when I eat badly (loads of coffee and sugar) I know I can always fall back to a one or two days with kitchari and it rebalances my body a bit again :)

Anyway, thats my 2 cents.