1. Health

Permanent Sterilization Options For Women and Men

By April 7, 2009

Permanent sterilization is an option for both women and men who do not want children. Tubal ligation permanently ends a woman's chance of becoming pregnant by a simple, usually, outpatient procedure called tubal ligation. On the other hand, men who do not want children can opt for a simple in-office procedure called vasectomy. If you're in a traditional male/female relationship, you'll want to know about both procedures before you decide which of you will undergo permanent sterilization.
Comments
April 7, 2009 at 10:51 pm
(1) Donna says:

I was so happy to have the procedure. Theonly problems I have with it is the painful cramping and extremely heavy ,clumping, bleeding monthly periods.

April 8, 2009 at 1:37 pm
(2) Richard says:

The decision should who do not want children. If it’s the wife, then she should have the procedure. If it’s the husband, then he would have the procedure.

April 8, 2009 at 5:37 pm
(3) joyce says:

The two procedures are good for married couples who have children and wanted to stop having more.

April 10, 2009 at 1:20 pm
(4) mel says:

To Richard, I think couples should look at risks and side effects before making the decision. Tubal Ligation for women is a riskier procedure than for man and comes with greater complications. A vasectomy also costs less because it is less invasive.

April 11, 2009 at 9:21 am
(5) miguel says:

my friend had a vascectomy and he said it doesnt feel the same during sex.hes not happy at all.

April 13, 2009 at 9:34 pm
(6) Rebecca says:

My husband gladly agreed to have a vasectomy so I wouldn’t have to go through a tubal. He remembers his mom having a difficult time trying to recover from hers and didn’t want me to go through that. He was in and out of his doctor’s office in less than an hour and feeling great within a couple of days.

April 14, 2009 at 4:51 pm
(7) Dola says:

I agree with Richard the person who is sure not to want to have children or more children, should be the one to under go any permanent procedure. Years ago after having a child I decided I didn’t want any more. I had a tubal ligation. I think it very selfish of any one trying to tell their partner to get fixed. That is a choice a person has to make on their own. Since it’s their body.

April 23, 2009 at 1:30 am