1. Health

It's Not Time For My Period, So Why Am I Bleeding?

By July 20, 2009

Bleeding or spotting between periods can be a frightening experience. You never know when bleeding between periods may occur. Maybe your period was over last week and then you notice that you're bleeding again. Maybe this isn't the first month you've experienced bleeding or spotting between periods. Or it could be the first time you've had bleeding between periods. Whether it's the first time you've experienced bleeding between periods, or just another month of spotting, bleeding between periods is a frustrating and stressful experience.
Comments
July 26, 2009 at 10:29 am
(1) Lisa says:

i am gettin fat and i havent had sex? and i am not eating anything because i am fat?

August 3, 2009 at 8:25 am
(2) Penny says:

I just turned 31. In june I started a week early, thought I was done. A WEEK LATER I STARTED AGAIN. I thought that was weird till A WEEK LATER I STARTED AGAIN. In 6 weeks I have had 3 full periods. I don’t have insurence and cant afford a dr. I have never had this happen before and it is worrying me.

September 17, 2009 at 10:21 am
(3) Christine says:

Penny- Early menipose run in your family?

April 21, 2010 at 12:07 pm
(4) my says:

im turning 31,im 75 kilos last january 2010,i did some diet and im now 64kilos in 2 months,i lost almost 11kilos….my last regular menstruation was on january 9…month of february and march are no menstruation but i had spotting in march 25 only half tablespoon maybe dark brown,then on april 14 only drops of light red,and april 20 half of tablespoon again maybe a redish light color….i also did some pregancy kit test and its all negative…is it normal or alarming? it started when i loose weight..hope my answer to my worries are true i always say to myself that maybe this is because i loose weight thats why my hormones changes,,,is it right or should i go to my ob gyn asap?pls give me some answer…thanks

April 23, 2010 at 1:36 pm
(5) adonica says:

hi, i’m 24 and i spot sometimes 2 wks before my period and it’s not the normal reddish colour it’s dark brown always and them after my period will come like it would normally come….do have anything to worry about? can u say what is the cause of this abnormal bleeding?

April 27, 2010 at 4:43 am
(6) simmone says:

i came on my period 2 weeks ago.. and now ive come back on really heavily..

me n my hubbi are trying for a baby so we’re not using contraception and im really stressing because i cant see my doctor until next week !! please PLEASE help me

July 5, 2010 at 12:55 pm
(7) marianne says:

Well ,Lets see i have severeal periods a month. I have had 2 D/C within 2 years . I am 37years old and nothing has helped. I was on the pill and know i am not. I have never had children. I have been told that i do not ovulate so my blood collects on my wall of the uteriuos and then just drops when it is ready. Which means if i sneeze sometimes that will cause me to bleed. It is not fun . You never can tell when you will start . Always have to be ready

August 7, 2010 at 1:23 pm
(8) Joy says:

hi 17 and my period went off about 2 wks ago and i noticed yesturday that i was bleeding again. and im wondering why. how long does this spotting last because i got really scared when it happened

August 20, 2010 at 7:24 am
(9) claire says:

hey im in the same boat as joy im 17 and my period is not due for about 10days and yesterday i was bleeding out of nowhere and an hour hater it had stopped.im extremely confused and need answers :(

September 10, 2010 at 5:40 am
(10) juels says:

i started my period a week early n i was spotting through it n my tummy is getting bigger so could i be pregnent n not even know???

September 17, 2010 at 10:05 am
(11) oak says:

I am so worrying that i bleed dark brown blood now after two weeks my period stop. It is bad or something gone wrong? i’m really worry about it. It is cause by stress level?

November 18, 2010 at 8:36 am
(12) Chen says:

i don’t know. but i’m also confused. i have a mixture of dark brown, black and red as the color of my blood during menstruation. what does that mean? :( help? :(

February 2, 2011 at 1:11 am
(13) erika says:

Okay so i had sex for about 6 days when i was ovulating I’m 18 yrs old but since then my stomachs been hurting inside and I’m having alot if back pain were i HAVE to sleep on my back. I’ve been getting brown spots for 4days now nd i bled for 10 minutes tho I’m still getting brown spots when i wipe…should i be worried??

February 2, 2011 at 1:12 am
(14) erika says:

Please help

February 12, 2011 at 1:06 am
(15) harlie says:

im going through the exact same thing, my period isnt due for two weeks, and im bleeding, more then just spotting but less then a normal period, i have been on the pill for about 6 months and its never given me trouble. am i pregnant or is it just because i have been really stressed?

February 23, 2011 at 2:41 pm
(16) Sam says:

Im 16 and I was at Lakeside today, I used the bathroom and found blood when I wiped myself. Im not due for my period for another 11 days, I was quite scared and didn’t know what to do. What could it be? My friend thinks im anemic, im not quite sure on what it could be, I had a pain in my right side before but I thought that was because of the pizza I ate and I had a headache round the same time I found that I was bleeding, im also really tired but I thought this was because of the 5 hour shopping trip. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

March 13, 2011 at 5:31 pm
(17) liv says:

okay yeah i’m freaking out too. i’m 17 and i am sexually active. i just had my period and ended last week, but today my boyfriend (sorry this is rated R) was fingering me pretty intensely and i saw that i had a light brown kinda blood coming out anddd i’m freaking out. should i get a pregnancy test? what does this mean? i have no money to get a pregnancy test and idk who to go to. please please please help me

March 23, 2011 at 2:23 pm
(18) rina says:

Im 18 and Im sexually active. I had my period for march already and i couple days ago i noticed that i was bleeding again. I do have sex unprotected sometime. I am also on birth control. This isnt my first timee bleeding after i already had my period. I know when your on birth control you spot between periods but I bleed more then a little to be spotting. Could I be bleeding because of my birth control? Or could I be pregnant? Please help me out!!

April 24, 2011 at 10:00 am
(19) meg says:

Can someone please help me with advice I’m 19 I’ve been on the pill for a few years now for a month I stopped taking my pill got my period as normal the same time I would if I was on the pill I went back on the pill for 3 months now I messed up for the start of the pill week so I just stopped taking them I had sex a lot unprotective around my fertile period my period isn’t due till the 26 I had spotting brown and light red off and on on the 15th which is not normal for me at all my cycles are always normal then the 16 17 18 it was heavy then light flows with red and brown then was darker on the last day my breasts are tender I’m wondering could I be pregnant?? Someone help please

April 25, 2011 at 9:16 am
(20) HisGirl says:

So I am 15yrs old. I am sexually active. The last time I had had unprotected sex was Jan.30th. I have had my periods normal every month since then.. I had my period on April 2nd til April 7th. Now I am bleeding again? What could be the cause of this ? My mom told me it could be from douching to much !! But I douche normally after my period. She also wants me to go see a Gyno and I am so scared !! I don’t want anyone up inside of me !! Please help ?! I also have these massive cramps a few times a day , and I can’t stand or sit. I have to lay on my stomach and push for the pain to go away.. PLEASE HELP ?!

June 2, 2011 at 8:53 am
(21) Alyssia says:

I also have the same problem! I started spotting the other day after having my period a week and 1/2 before and I am not due for my period for another 10 days! I spotted for 2 days. The 2nd day when I went out to go mow my lawn I put a tampon in, by the time I came back in 2 hours later, the tampon was full!!!! So I put another one in and when I went to go change it about 5 hours later, there was not a thing on it…. later that day I went to my boy friends and we had sex and I was bleeding bad, but once again, I put a tampon in, changed it 4 hours later and barley anything was on it at all. I went to my doctor and had a pregnacy test done and a pap smere. The pregnacy test came out negitive and I have to wait until tomorrow to get all my test back! :-/ I have never had bleeding between my periods like this…It’s werid and I don’t like it…. Has anyone ever had this problem???

July 9, 2011 at 6:03 pm
(22) edna salas says:

i,m 31 years old i have 3 kids. my problem i have a menstration morethan 2 weeks [20 days] i,m still bleeding untill now.i have give birth fr 18 month only 1 time menst.15 monts after diliver and now 19 month i have menstration continue. what shoud i do pls tell me, is this normal or what?

July 18, 2011 at 4:11 pm
(23) rachael says:

i am soptting but not deu on my period for another two weeks .

August 14, 2011 at 3:42 pm
(24) liz says:

HELP i got done with my period 1 week ago(last sunday) i had unprotected sex 6 days ago and took plan B the day after. today i started bleeding but its not my period it was like brownish and im freaking out could i be pregnant? someone please help meeee !