1. Health

Help! My Hair Is Falling Out!

By September 7, 2009

The advertisements for treatment of balding, and hair loss in men can't be missed. These ads might lead one to believe that hair loss is generally a men's issue. However the fact is that as many as two-thirds of all women experience hair loss at some point. The good news is that while women do experience hair loss and/or hair thinning, men still experience it more often. Learn the facts about hair loss in women.

Comments
September 8, 2009 at 1:35 am
(1) Zoe says:

There is also traction alopecia. I have that. Sadly the hair does not grow back unless you catch it very early. It happens when you put your hair (over a long period of time) in a bun or a pony tail, wear hair extensions, cornrows – anything that pulls at your scalp. Some people have this compulsion to pull at a section of hair and get hair loss there. It can be caused by that too.

My hair loss is at the front near where bangs are and at the crown of my head. I wore my hair (long and thick (and hot) in a bun or ponytail for years most of the time. Now… very very thin in those spots.

September 8, 2009 at 4:26 pm
(2) l says:

I read that Rooibos is good for stronger hair, hair loss and healthy skin. It has no caffeine in it and has tons of antioxidants. Try it out.

September 14, 2009 at 12:14 pm
(3) Shannon says:

I have many health issues and one of them is severe low levels of vitamin B12 and Vitamin D. I recently read an article that links low B12 levels to hair loss in men and women. If this is a serious issue for anyone, I would suggest that you have your vitamin and mineral levels checked. We don’t realize just how IMPORTANT Vitamins and Minerals in our body and the proper balance effects us. I know with my issues, it has helped immensly! I take Vitamin B12 shots every other week now, at first was every week until the level got up to the normal lab value and my Vitamin D, I take 50,000IU’s by prescription on Sundays, plus 500IU’s in my daily, very potent liquid vitamin supplement and that still wasn’t enough so, we had to add another 2,000IU’s everyday. Believe me…….it’s worth checking out! I hope people read these comments!

September 14, 2009 at 12:17 pm
(4) Shannon says:

I forgot to mention that I am a Professional Cosmetologist, and I know how important vitamins and mineral’s are for strong healthy hair and nails!!! Please, if you are having any issues with either…….check your vitamin levels!! I CANNOT STRESS this enough!!

September 18, 2009 at 1:44 pm
(5) Warrie says:

I was 14 yrs.old when my hair fell out. I have Alopecia Arenta lost most of my hair in just patches first then the rest came out. Had to wear wigs in High School 1983-85 after I got out of School I quit wearing the wigs. I didn’t care what people thought of me I gave my life to God in 2004 and shaved my head it grew in but I cut it again only this time I had trouble with my hair growing back I switched Church to another one called First Assembly Of God Aug 2, I started there and My hair is GROWING BACK because I am BELIVING in GOD for a MIRACLE I have hair all over my head now Hope for a whole head ful by This Christmas I am giving God Praise. If you would like to email me you can. I am a 43 yr old female living a life in Jesus. Here is my email address. kaseyluck@sbcglobal.net

September 18, 2009 at 2:01 pm
(6) Warrie says:

I was 14 yrs old female when I lost my hair. Drs. told me it was Alopecia Areta had the hair loss problem since 1982. Wear wigs from 1983-85 quit wearing them after I got out of School. Gave my life to God in 2004 startd going to another Church now called First Assembly Of God Aug.2,2009 My started growing there believing in God for a Miracle by this Christmas. So you see is God who grows hair back when you pray. you can email me kaseyluck@sbcglobal.net I am 43 yrs.old now Living a life in God.

October 16, 2009 at 10:19 pm
(7) maria says:

I wish I could get help to grow my hair back I have patches and my stress level is over the limit I’m. A 30 year old woman who has. No self steem left…. And my dr told me I was ok no health problems

November 6, 2009 at 7:34 am
(8) Odette says:

Hi

I am a 34 year old woman and used to have the most beautiful hair. Then one day it just started to fall out and didn’t stop for a year. It is one of the most nightmarish experiences of my life! I tried many different things but nothing worked. My aunt said that she heard folic acid helps, but I was skeptical by that time and shrugged it off. A few weeks later, curiosity got the better of me and I tried it. It took about 3 weeks to kick in and it works! My hair has not only stopped falling out, it is returning to it’s previous thickness! Please try it, I take 10mg a day. I know it’s high, but I feel no side affects. I think my hair will soon as beautiful as it used to be!

November 24, 2009 at 11:33 pm
(9) Celeste says:

Odette, Where do you find folic acid? I am your same age and too, always had thick beautiful hair, it began coming out 8 months ago and hasn’t stopped. I am on 7 different kinds of vitamins and so far nothing has helped. Thyroid is ok, not on any birth control, tried to reduce stress. I got nothing. Please help!

December 20, 2010 at 10:08 pm
(10) hair treatment for hair loss says:

Hair loss/fall is really more common to men but is already visible in some women. Since women do things as men.