1. Health

Ovarian Cysts, Fibroids, and Polyps

By September 21, 2011

Women's Health Forum: After having a very bad pain a few days ago, on my left side, I had a vaginal ultrasound. They found various problems, like intramuraual fibroids, suserours fibroids, follicles, polyps and the thing that is worrying me the most, a couple of cysts. One is said to be "avascular complex cystic" "low level echoes"... I don't have a clue what this means. What are the chances of this being malignant?

I would like to hear from someone that has a some information that could help me understand this, before seeing the gynecologist. I have to make an appointment to see him, and would like to have some questions ready when I go. Thanks to anyone that can help me better understand this..
.What would you ask the doctor?

Comments
May 19, 2008 at 1:01 pm
(1) Joan Jones says:

I had a cyst on my ovaries and it just disappearred all by it self. But I think there might be different types of cyst. You could ask the doctor that.I also have fibroids on my overy and I was told that they shrink when your periods stop.

June 22, 2008 at 2:06 pm
(2) mary says:

Hi,
I had a left ovarian dermoid cyst removed about 2 months. Ask your dr. If your cysts are solid or fluid filled. Mine was solid, the size of a baseball!, and I had to have a c-section type of incision if not it would of been thru laproscopy. (Bellybutton)

July 6, 2008 at 3:14 pm
(3) sarah harvey-wade says:

hi, i have been told i have an 8 cm dermoid cyst on my left ovary and am due to have ovary and cyst removed in september. how did your op go etc? Also did you have pain with yours? As i didn’t and it was an incidental find, i get slight twinges on opposite side, like someone pinching me inside, but it is only momentary.

September 17, 2008 at 2:44 pm
(4) Yasmin says:

I had a dermoid cyst and he ovary removed 20 years ago. I had no pain or any ill-effects afterwards and no loss of fertility. My cyst was the size of a grapefruit and they made an incision belly button to pubic bone. The scar is not obvious but you could help by massaging it (once healed with vitamin e oil or such like to reduce scar. good luck and don’t worry!

February 26, 2009 at 10:54 am
(5) kemi says:

i had an ovarian cyst a couple of months back but after 3 months ,it dissolved after taking oral contraceptives pills,i av done a lot of uss thereafter but they cant see d cyst anymore but i still ‘xperience pains at that point occassionally,dats what disturbs me.

May 27, 2009 at 11:11 am
(6) jackie warrican says:

hi am am something like you i have several problems my ultrasound found nine utrean friboids and two ovarian cysts my doctor went right to total hyester a afraid and looking for answers the internet has being most helpful although am already 45 years and lost my right ovary when i was 24yr my knowledge of these things were limited now with only one child and begining a new relationship am might be looking at lossing one of the most important parts of my body

June 26, 2009 at 11:18 am
(7) Eve says:

As of April 30th I have a 5cm cysts on the right that has since ruptured, fibroids, and 2 on the left that have increased in size within 2 months and possibly endometriosis. The pain at times is unbearable. I started on hormone therapy(birthcontrol pills) in October to cure 7 cysts and 2 fibroids. To date, I have changed gyn due to continued needle-like pain in the ovaries and back, vomitting, trouble using the restroom. My new gyn is talking surgery because there’s only so much vicodin, percocet and naproxyn a person can take. Has anyone experienced the same pain? Looking forward to relief…

August 20, 2009 at 6:36 am
(8) gie says:

yes, it must be remove cause mine was removed 2 days ago, fibroid cyst. you will jut feel pain again and again if it is not remove.

September 14, 2009 at 1:51 am
(9) Ann says:

Hysterectomy done a couple of years back andoveries were healthy and so left and recently found that the left overi has some kind of fluid like cysts.

December 19, 2009 at 12:12 pm
(10) Tara says:

I have just been told that i have small fibroids and an ovarian cyst that has already ruptured and they reckon will disappear, i am trying to conceive, has anyone managed to succesfully after such a diagnosis.

i read that ashoka bark is supposed to be a natural way to get rid of them? has anyone tried this?

February 22, 2010 at 5:54 am
(11) amanda says:

iv just found out today that i have a cyst on left and right ovaries, fibrodes in my womb causing it to be enlaged.and also emdometriosis im waighting for an appointment with a gynecologist…. im always vomiting and have lower back pain ,and the spasms i get are quite unbearable but they come and go really quickley.. so im now waighting next step does anyone know what that could be…

August 24, 2010 at 9:49 am
(12) makhosi thabo says:

i have just discovered that i have uterine fibroid after being in pain ever since i statred my periods.iam 34yrs nw but l wish to have another kid l don`t know wether l wil manage.

January 4, 2011 at 4:51 pm
(13) Terry says:

I just had an ultrasound today ,after many years of neclect to my reproductive health.The tech. told me to see my dr. promptly (haven’t been exanined for years)she found a cyst and polyps on my ovaries.I can’t help but think about the Big C word and I’m really freaking myself out with all the what-if’s

January 7, 2011 at 7:59 pm
(14) vena says:

I have a fibroid that is as big as a five month old baby,,I hesitate to undergo hyesteroctomy because i’m single and i want to have kids in the future. what will i do?

February 15, 2011 at 2:18 am
(15) Shelly says:

I have a Ovarian Cyst on my left side..Wish it hurts,
the doctor says it just swells and it come and go, I Had a hysterectomy last year and now i have a hernia on my right side wish I’m schedule to have surgery…now im spotting and don’t were its coming from….is anyone going threw this

April 13, 2011 at 7:37 pm
(16) ME says:

to shelly, I have just been told today that i have an ovarian cyst and fibroid on my left ovary, i was also bleeding between periods (this is wat let me to the dr) and they are saying that the bleeding is from they cyst and or fibroid… i am due to see a dr in a few weeks to get more answers…

April 15, 2011 at 10:38 am
(17) GHE says:

I found out yesterday that I have a small fibroid and a small quarter size cyst on my right side. My period is 2 weeks late. The Doc says that the cyst and fibroid dont have anything to do with it being late. Me and the hubby are TTC our 1st child. Im about to try some natural remedies (Liver Cleansing Herbs) are suppose to eliminate the cyst and bring forth AF. Doc wants me to wait ANOTHER 2 weeks for the witch to get here but I want her here now so I can start TTC.

September 24, 2011 at 5:50 pm
(18) Kathleen says:

Hi, when I was only 27 (I’m not much older now but..) I was in the hospital ER for acute (now Chronic pancreatitis) and they found multipal cysts on both overies. I have had 3 surgeries since for stage 3 Endimitriosis. Fibroids are attched to my main organs, some cysts have been chocolate ones, they alway’s rupture..Then more, take it’s palce! It’s not knowing if thier non-cancerous (for I don’t hv a ultrasound w/me 24/7..) But with C124 bloodwork, it shows if ovarion cancer is on the rise. It is,very painfull (I’m in chornic pain 24/7) but refuse morphine. All I can tell you is, ask your obyn for an ultrasound/C124 blood work, and, be on the safe side, request to hv a loprocosopy. Hope it all resolves for you-)

October 7, 2011 at 1:09 am
(19) fern says:

please read Women’s Bodies Women’s Wisdom by Dr. Chriatiane Northrup.

There is an entire chapter on Menstrual Cramps and one on the Uterus (covering cysts, fibroids, etc…), one on Breasts, she also writes a Master Program where one can control these conditions by a change in lifestyle and diet. It’s so important.

I truly recommend the book! Here’s to a new start to a healthier you! :)