1. Health

Pregnancy After Tubal Ligation?

By September 23, 2011

Among 10,685 women studied, the risk of ectopic pregnancy within 10 years after sterilization was about 7 per 1,000 procedures. The likelihood of an ectopic pregnancy varied according to the method of sterilization and the age at which the women underwent the sterilization procedures.

Risk of Ectopic Pregnancy After Tubal Sterilazation

Comments
April 3, 2009 at 1:56 pm
(1) stephanie says:

I had a tubal ligation 7yrs ago.never missed a period an now I’m havin all the syptoms of a pregnancy.no period,breast tender,often sick.jitter like feelings in my stomach.sleepiness.hungry more than normal.

December 2, 2009 at 1:51 pm
(2) Sheena says:

I had a tubal ligation done 2yrs ago and I have become pregnant and miscarried twice this year. The first time I was pregnant with twins, one inside a tube and the other in my uterus but I lost both of them. This time I’m almost certain I was only pregnant in my uterus. They said the chances of becoming pregnant after a tubal ligation were 1 in 100,000 but I’ve done it twice in six months.

March 11, 2010 at 12:44 pm
(3) kim says:

I had my tubes tied 4 years ago. I have been cramping really bad for 4 days now. Usually my breast will be so sore for about a week and then I will cramp. But not this time. I am so tierd, moody, cramping on the left side, craving cheesecake, gaining weight, no soreness in my breast. Maybe I am being paranoid, but is it possible that I could be 1 in 100,000.

April 25, 2010 at 6:02 pm
(4) Jen says:

I had my tubal ligation in 2001, my period is usually pretty reg. every 28 days most months, in Feb. I had it the beginning and ending of the month in march on the 23rd and have not started yet this month my breasts were a little sore the other day not as bad now, I was a little more tired than usual this past week but I’ve been working. I personally know of 1 person that had the same procedure and gave birth to a healthy baby grl, is it poss. I could be pregnant???

January 6, 2011 at 11:41 am
(5) penelope says:

I had my tubs done 12yrs. ago.about 6yrs ago i missed a period then three.same systoms always.sick to stomach off and on ,tired,hungry,breast tenderness,moody,pain in abdomen off and on.I lifted hey things at work one day i got a pain in my back tht night started to bleed and passes a blood clot the size of my hand.the hospital said to go to my dr. after the exam the dr. said my uters was swollen. sence then i have missed periods off and on.each one the same symtoms.the missed periods go anywhere from two to four months at a time.now i feel crazy.i swear i feel movement.(is it because now we wan’t a baby)am i doing this to myself?anyone who has any info. on this subject please wite me :penelopebartoncredit@yahoo.com

October 25, 2011 at 4:56 am
(6) Bethany says:

I got my tubes tied during my c-section with my third child in March, and now i’m almost two weeks late. I’m showing all the symptoms of pregnancy like i did with all three of my others. I’m extremly tired all the time, sick to my stomach, i have food aversions, and i’m bloated to boot. It is not normal at all for me to miss my period, is it possible i am pregnant?! I got the clip done and i am getting really worried, is there any help/advice out there?!?

November 7, 2011 at 9:48 pm
(7) Tash says:

Bethany, above, is almost my exact story. I got my tubes done in March after my son’s birth and I am now 2 weeks late. I just did a pregnancy test and it showed a very faint positive. Not very impressed, we had decided 2 is enough for us and not to have any more, hence having my tubes done. It would seem that my super fertile body is intent on re-producing no matter what I do! Having said that, despite having 6 months of hellish problems after getting my first and only implanon, I was sexually active and pregnancy free for 3 years. When it came out last year I was pregnant with my son within 2 months.
I think I am the one in a million, not just one in a hundred thousand, as I also got pregnant with my daughter whilst on the pill.

November 13, 2011 at 6:27 pm
(8) flynurs08 says:

I had the clips done last year and now I am regretting it. I want to try and have another baby. Any advice

November 25, 2011 at 2:42 pm
(9) vmunday says:

Hi flynurs08

I had my tubes clipped just over 2 years ago, I know how you feel, I am now with a wonderful man and want a baby so badly with him, I wish things could be different!

November 29, 2011 at 7:53 pm
(10) Heather says:

I had my tubes tied over 2 years ago when I had a c-section with my son. About a week and a half ago, I started feeling weak and got super dizzy the next day. Ever since then I have felt nauseous and having dizzy spells off and on. I have been thirstier and hungrier, and urinating more. I feel pregnant. I was also thinking back to right before my last period when I thought I saw implantation bleeding. My last period was not normal as it was more brown then red. I have been scowering message boards and finding old posts. This is the first current post I have found. I should note that I got pg with my dd after 3 weeks of marriage, then was on the pill and got pregnant with my son when my dd was only 8 months old. I get a blood platelet disorder when I am pg, so I was thinking perhaps the tubes didn’t heal all the way. My platelet levels were so low they needed to give me general anesthesia instead of an epidural when I had my son and the procedure. I have no pain, which I am told is a sign of ectopic. I am also told that urine tests may show a false negative for post tubal moms and the only test that is effective is a blood test. I am just anxious about the whole thing. I did not want anymore kids, but now I feel like I would be disappointed if I wasn’t pg. Just putting this out there as God might’ve blessed me with a miracle.