Have you ever had menstruation cramps, pelvic pain, or a backache and wished you had a heating pad? Here's how you can make a heating pad using things you probably have at home.
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Fill the foot of a tube sock with rice. Do not use instant rice.
- Tie the end of the tube sock into a knot.
- Place the rice-filled sock in your microwave oven for 2 to 3 minutes on high power. Time may vary by microwave, so check after one and a half minutes.
- Remove the sock from the microwave and place on the area of your body where needed.
- The sock may be very hot. Protect your skin from burning by using a towel or other material between your skin and the sock.
What You Need
- Tube sock
- Microwave oven