You've been to the doctor and been given a prescription for vaginal cream to treat a vaginal infection or another condition. Maybe you have never used a vaginal cream. Here are few simple tips to make vaginal cream application quick and easy.
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Find a comfortable place to apply the cream such as your bed. You may want to use a towel under you to prevent any cream from spilling on your linens.
- Open the tube.
- The applicator nozzle should be screwed onto the tube until it is secure but not over-tight.
- Gently squeeze tube from the bottom to force a sufficient amount of cream into the applicator barrel to reach the prescribed dose. Most applicators provide markings to indicate where you should stop.
- Unscrew the applicator from the tube.
- Lie on back with your knees drawn towards you. Gently insert applicator deep into your vagina. Press the plunger downward until it reaches its original position.
- Reusable applicators should be cleaned by pulling the plunger to remove it from the barrel and washing with mild soap and warm water. Never boil or use extremely hot water to prevent damage to reusable applicators.
- Most vaginal creams should be stored at room temperature. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about storing your vaginal cream product.
- Using vaginal creams is easiest if done before going to bed to help the medicine stay in place and prevent daytime discharges.
- Check with your pharmacist for instructions if you miss a dose.
What You Need
- Soap and water
- Place to lie down