- Infants and children from birth to age 3: 400 to 800 mg
- Children age 4 to 6: 800 mg
- Children age 7 to 10: 800 mg
- Males from adolescence through adult: 800 to 1200 mg
- Women from adolescence though adult: 800 to 1200 mg
- Women during pregnancy and breastfeeding: 1200 to 1500 mg
- Post-menopausal women who do not take estrogen:1500 mg
The amount of calcium that you need may be adjusted by your doctor based on your personal health.
CDC. Nutrition For Everyone. Basics. http://www.cdc.gov/nutrition/everyone/basics/vitamins/calcium.html. Accessed 07/19/09.