Adding Spice to Meat, Poultry, and Fish
- Beef-Spice up your beef with:
Bay leaf, marjoram, nutmeg, onion, pepper, sage, or thyme.
- Lamb-Add delicious flavor to your lamb with:
Curry powder, garlic, rosemary, or mint.
- Pork-Pork is easy to spice up with:
Garlic, onion, sage, pepper, oregano, or thyme.
- Veal-Veal is a delicious and tender meat you can add distinctive flavor to with:
Bay leaf, curry powder, ginger, marjoram, or oregano.
- Chicken or Turkey-Poultry such as chicken and turkey is easily spiced up with:
Ginger, marjoram, oregano, paprika, poultry seasoning, rosemary, sage, tarragon, or thyme.
- Fish-Add great taste to your fish with:
Curry powder, dill, dry mustard, lemon juice, marjoram, paprika, or pepper.
Tasty Ways to Spice Up Your Vegetables
- Carrots-Carrots taste great with:
Cinnamon, cloves, marjoram, nutmeg, rosemary, or sage.
- Corn-Corn is easy to add taste to with:
Cumin, curry powder, onion, paprika, or parsley.
- Green Beans-Add a special touch to green beans with:
Dill, curry powder, lemon juice, marjoram, oregano, tarragon, or thyme.
- Greens-Greens and spice go hand-in-hand with these terrific spices:
Garlic, onion, or pepper.
- Peas-Some delicious ways to add flavor to your peas include:
Ginger, marjoram, onion, parsley, sage.
- Potatoes-Instead adding butter and salt to your potatoes, add flavor with:
Dill, garlic, onion, paprika, parsley, or sage.
- Summer Squash-The yummy taste of summer squash is enhanced with:
Cloves, curry powder, marjoram, nutmeg, onion, rosemary, or sage.
- Winter Squash-What could be better than winter squash with:
Cinnamon, ginger, marjoram, or onion.
- Tomatoes-There's nothing better than ripe red tomatoes with:
Basil, bay leaf, dill, marjoram, onion, oregano, parsley, or pepper.
Source: Keep the Beat, Heart Healthy Recipes from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute - NHLBI a part of the National Institutes of Health - NIH