Prep Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup skim milk or buttermilk
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 1 1/2 Tbsps onion powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsps garlic powder
- 2 tsps black pepper
- 2 tsps dried hot pepper, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger, ground
- 8 skinless pieces chicken (4 breasts, 4 drumsticks)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- paprika to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning to milk.
- Combine all other spices with cornflake crumbs and place in a plastic bag.
- Wash chicken and pat dry. Dip chicken into milk, shake to remove excess, then quickly shake in bag with seasoning and crumbs.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour. Remove from refrigerator and sprinkle lightly with paprika for color.
- Evenly space chicken on greased baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 30 to 40 minutes or until the meat can be easily pulled away from the bone with a fork. The drumsticks may require less baking time than the breasts. Crumbs will form a crispy “skin.” (Do not turn chicken during baking.)
Makes 6 servings
Serving size: 1/2 breast or 2 small drumsticks
Fat 5 g
Saturated fat 1 g
Cholesterol 82 mg
Sodium 286 mg
Source: Stay Young at Heart (NHLBI, NIH)